Monday, February 28, 2005

Stay Tuned

Let me begin this post by apologizing. I got a haircut this weekend and it seems to have sucked the creative juices out of me (somehow I feel like I should add..."if you know what I mean"...to that). The saddest part is that I don't have all that much hair, so there couldn't possibly have been a lot of creativity there to begin with - though that's pretty obvious to anyone who reads this blog. The part about creativity, I mean, not the part about hair. Well, the hair part is pretty obvious, too, if you look at any of the pictures of myself that I've posted...but I digress. What I'm trying to say is bear with me through today's post and I promise I'll try to do better later this week. So with that in mind, here's the best I could do today.

Did you ever wish you could be like a talk show host and run a "best of" when you don't feel like working? Well, that's what I'm going to do this week. When people come to my office to discuss an issue, I'll tell them about one of my more stellar accomplishments from the past. When they ask me for something, I'll remind them about a time that helped someone else, and how grateful that person was for my assistance. When my director asks me for an update on my projects, we'll reminisce about one of the ones I finished last year. I'll end all of my conversations by saying "You've been watching 'The Best of Joe.' Stay tuned next week for all new episodes."

Of course, it hasn't been all fun and games. There were some embarrassing moments, too - like the time I got caught photocopying my ass - but I think I'll save those for the blooper reel on Friday.