Thursday, March 03, 2005

Apartment Update

I spent yet another lunch hour looking at apartments today. Well, more like a lunch two hours, but don't tell anyone. The first four places that I saw were abysmal, but the fifth was pretty nice. That seems to happen a lot. I think they do that on purpose so that halfway decent apartments look better by comparison.

Anyway, it has a huge living room (by NYC standards), a new bathroom and kitchen, decent (but a little small) bedroom, a good amount of storage space, and best of all, a small balcony off of the living room. More places to see tonight, but it's hard to imagine finding a better apartment in my price range, and so I'm not going to delay. If I don't see anything tonight, I'm putting a deposit on this place tomorrow, and I could be on my new balcony sipping coffee by March 15.

The real estate agent who showed me these places was incredibly upbeat, friendly, and perky. I can say without a doubt that she was the single most annoying person I've met in quite some time. The worst part was that every time we went through a door, she'd say "Tally ho." As if that weren't grating enough, she also said it in lieu of saying "thank you."

Hand her a business card, she says "Tally ho."

Step to the side to let her pass, she says "Tally ho."

Tally ho? TALLY *&%$# HO? What the **** is that??