Thursday, March 03, 2005

I Need It Bad

I got a little in San Francisco a few weeks ago and while it was helpful in some ways, it also made me remember how good it feels and how badly I needed it. It was the first time since this summer, and I have to say that it was simply amazing. I find my mind drifting back to it several times a day. I think about how great it was and how happy and content I was afterwards and I find myself wondering why I denied myself for so long. Yes, the rest and relaxation I got while I was in SF was great. I really need to take a vacation.

Wait, what did you think I was talking about?
Oh, that's just sick!
Get your mind out of the gutter.
Pervert.

I have a big day tomorrow and I still have a few more things to take care of before I settle down to try to get a few hours of sleep. Before I go, I'd like to leave you with this thought.

Confucius says "recompose injury with justice, and kindness with kindness." Yet Lao-tzu says "Recompose injury with kindness." I think Lao-tzu is correct. Kindness precedes justice. As long as you seek justice by punishment you can only cause more suffering.

Pretty deep, huh? Yeah, I thought so too.
Don't be too impressed. I didn't write it. I read it on the train ride home tonight.