Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Word Search

Joking around on this blog has been a lot of fun. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. So it is with a heavy heart that I share this bit of news. This is the last essay I'm going to post here.

Knowing that, there are a few things I'd like to say before I go. I've really enjoyed writing these stories and sharing bits and pieces of my life with all of you. Despite that, I just can't think of anything else to write about. Don't think you'll be rid of me that easily, though. I'll still occasionally drop by to comment on your blogs. Now it's time for me to have (as Waf would say) the final word.

Good-bye.*
------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Hey boys and girls, can you find the secret message artfully hidden in the first letter of each sentence in today's post? If the answer is 'yes',** go ahead and tell us on the comments page! Everyone who submits the correct answer will be eligible for a drawing for a chance to win the opportunity to be entered into a final drawing in which you may possibly (but probably won't) win fabulous merchandise. All entries must be received by May 31, 2172.

** I mean if the answer to the question about finding the message is 'yes', not if the secret message itself is 'yes'. It would be stupid - but entirely like me - to give you the answer in the footnotes, wouldn't it?***

*** Now I feel bad because you're going to think I'm trying to trick you. I'm really not. I promise. I'll tell you what. If you feel as if I've been playing fast and loose with the rules (as the kids say) you can write to me care of this blog and I'll gladly refund the full amount of your subscription fee - no questions asked.