Friday, February 10, 2006

The Week In Pictures XXXIV

Random Friday Thoughts:

- I took today off but thought I'd post before heading out for a long weekend away from NYC.

- I was supposed to go to Mr. Dennehy's last night, but I got hijacked by several friends and never made it. Would up instead at a very strange party in Williamsburg that re-confirmed that I'm neither cool nor bohemian enough to hang there on a regular basis.

- Overheard a woman on her cell having the following conversation: "I really don't feel too good and I had a bad day at work and...are you even listening to me? No you're not. You're talking about Kenneth Cole shoes! What guy talks about shoes like that? You know what? F*CK YOU!"

- There's a salad place called "Toss" near my office. I think I may have watched too much "Oz" because I just can't bring myself to eat something called a Toss Salad.

- My (non-married) sister starts her new job tomorrow. While there, she'll be working closely with a guy she was desperately in love with for a long time. I'm worried about her, but at the same time I just don't understand it. I mean, what kind of fool wastes their time loving and pursuing someone who's clearly not interested in them and...

Oh.

Uh...never mind.

- For those of you wondering what my Super Bowl party was like, this video should give you an idea:


Erm...except it wasn't at Pizza Hut. And there were no teenage boys there. And we didn't have pizza....

Otherwise it was EXACTLY like that...except for Jessica Simpson.

You see, the dress she wore to the party was black, not red.

And on that note, let's move on to the Week In Pictures:


Manufacturers are already struggling to keep up with the demand for what is expected to be the summer's hottest drink accessory - floating baby ice cubes.


Creationists are gloating after uncovered a suprisingly well preserved picture of God placing Adam on earth.


Dermatologists in India are working day and night to try to cure a horrible case of dandruff on the statue of Lord Bahubali in Shravanabelogola


The streets of China's Forbidden City are nearly deserted after terrified residents fled the giant mice that have moved into the area.


Hairstylists report that the big hair look, made famous but 80's musicians such as Howard Jones and Kajagoogoo is making a huge comeback this winter.


A tourist from Ohio is suing New York City for damage he claims to have received when shards of confetti became lodged in his skull as he stood in Times Square on New Year's Eve.


At the Grammy Awards, U2 frontman Bono bent to speak to Gwen Stefani's stomach about the plight of the world, causing the baby to be born several months premature as it tried to escape the pontificating.

Music Video code by videocodesforfree.com


David Letterman shaved Pittsburgh Steeler quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's beard before moving on to more delicate manscaping chores during the commercial break.


Opthamologists issued a warning this week that watching too much soccer may result in permanent damage to the eyeball.


French pilot Timotei Potisek won the fist Touquet Enduropal motorcycling race despite a painful case of hemorrhoids that prevented him from sitting properly.


And finally, the cover of Vanity Fair's annual Hollywood issue will feature Scarlett Johansson and Keira Knightley posed nude alongside a fully clothed Tom Ford.

See? This is exactly why I should have been gay. Then I'd get to pose with beautiful naked women and afterwards I could have my way with...

Hang on, I think I see a flaw in this plan.