Monday, March 06, 2006

It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp

I wish I knew how to quit you Three 6 Mafia!

Okay, that has nothing to do with today's post but now that the Academy Awards are over, there's just no reason for Brokeback Mountain quotes in the future - at least until the DVD comes out.

Now that I think about it, that's exactly why we need more awards shows. I mean, are the National Society of Film Critics Awards, Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards, National Board of Review Awards, Golden Globe Awards, Annual Directors Guild of America Awards, MTV Movie Awards, NAACP Image Awards, Independent Spirit Awards, New York Film Critics Circle Awards, Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards, Boston Society of Film Critics Awards, British Academy of Film and Television Awards, Cannes Film Festival Winners, and The People's Choice Awards really enough to validate the work of everyone in Hollywood?

I say NO!

It's time that someone finally stood up and recognized the work of those selfless people who toil day in and day out in the thankless job of entertaining us. I mean, who among us hasn't know the thrill of hearing our name called out, of walking up to the podium and basking in the adoration of thousands of people in the auditorium and millions of people throughout the world?

We must find a way to honor these fine men and women for the contributions they make to making the world a much better place. I, for one, won't rest until there are three movie awards ceremonies each and every day of the year!

Who's with me?