Monday, March 20, 2006

Make It Stop, Please!

Now don't get me wrong, I understand the pull of celebrity gossip. On a rare occasion, I can even get into some of it - especially if it's somehow Shakira related - but this whole Brad Pitt -Angelina Jolie obsession has gotten way out of control. Let's recap some of the hysteria in the same breathless way in which the news was originally presented to us:

Brad Pitt cheated on Jennifer Aniston with Angelina Jolie!

Brad and Angelina are adopting a child together!

Angelina is pregnant with Pitt's child!

Brad and Angelina are getting married!

The wedding might take place at George Clooney's villa in Italy!

After a week of listening to so much will-they-or-won't-they speculation around the office that my ears began to bleed, I was ready for a some time away from rumor mongering - and the NCAA tourney offered the perfect respite.

However, a weekend of bliss and basketball came crashing down on Sunday when I noticed the name spelled out in score box on the lower right corner of the screen during the otherwise exciting Pittsburgh vs. Bradley game.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

Of course, my distaste of celebrity worship won't stop me from purchasing a replica of this for my living room.