Monday, March 27, 2006

Oh, Canada

Just came back from round two of my HR Director position interviews and one thing is abundantly clear.

I suck at being interviewed.

Now you'd think that I would be pretty good at it given the number of interviews I conduct, but as it turns out, I'm not very good at interviewing people either. Let's be honest - when I interview someone, I generally decide in the first ten minutes whether or not the person is a good fit. The rest of the time is just filler.

Needless to say, the first ten minutes of this interview didn't start off in stellar fashion, and it went downhill from there. For one thing, the conference room had a large window facing a courtyard through which a parade of stunning women passed. If their sole purpose was to distract me, they did a hell of a job. About a minute into the interview he asked me what I knew about the company, and I completely blanked - so I quickly pulled fragments of factoids from my memory which had very little to do with what they actually do.

Anyway, I'll spare you the gory details but I will say that much like Kathy Lee Gifford on American Idol, it'll be a miracle if I survive until the end.

Meanwhile, I'm just going to spend the day staring at this to see if anyone I know pops up:






Live from Calgary, Alberta, Canada


Click for Calgary, Alberta Forecast



Shaw Web Cam


Our Live Cam feed is from SHAW TV.

Explore how SHAW TV can make a difference in your life, click here







And when I'm done watching, I'm going to explore how SHAW TV can make a difference in my life

Epilogue:
I just got a call from the agency that sent me on the interview and it appears that they want me to come back later this week for a third round of interviews. I either did better than I thought or they want another opportunity to laugh at me.

Then again, perhaps they want to find out more about this mysterious Okami that I kept mentioning during the interview.