Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Week in Pictures XLIV

Random Friday-ish Thoughts:

The interviews continue. First round with the asset management company went well. Have first rounds for a Manager job with an oil company and for a contract job with a publishing company next week, and I hope to have a third round with the cosmetics company, and second rounds with the asset management firm and with the investment bank as well.

I need a break from...uh...not working so I'm heading out for a few days before I go stir crazy. It's supposed to be pretty rainy, so I'm heading down to North Carolina to visit a friend and soak up the warmth and sun in an effort to come back prepared for a few second and third round interviews next week.

Have I mentioned how much I hate not working? I have? Oh. Okay.

Despite the media's attempts to create controversy over them, Pimpfants clothes crack me up.

The other day, I had the following conversation with my 70 year old, 330 lb. neighbor.

Me: "Do you have a sec?"

Her: "I have plenty of secs."

Me: "Uh....okaaaaay."

Hmmm....perhaps it's funnier if you say it aloud.

Not sure if I'll be back in time for Sunday's game, but it's okay since none of you have shown up to watch and/or drink afterwards. I can't believe that you won't fly/drive for hours to see a virtual stranger try to hold on to his fading youth by playing a child's game..... Hold on. I think I understand now. Never mind.

Now on to The Week in Pictures.


In Paris, the Eiffel Tower was closed and the surrounding area quarantined after the structure contracted a rare case of measles.


While in New York, a woman who had been stranded for days by a flash flood was rescued when she cleverly used her torch to signal a passing boat.


Toyota announced that it's mini-electric vehicles will be sold exclusively at Toys-R-Us stores.


Herders in China report that a drought has made it increasingly difficult to find grazing land for their flocks of folk dancers.


A local woman suffered an embarrassing moment when a sudden updraft blew her skirt over her head.


A fisherman in Vancouver, British Columbia set a record by catching his thousandth buoy last weekend.


Ornithologists are reporting that birds are requiring ever more elaborate birdhouses - many including indoor plumbing - before they choose to move in.

Okay, the real reason that I'm going to North Carolina is because I had a disagreement with the woman I've been seeing. However, she just sent me a video she made of a song that she wrote for me, and it's so sweet that I thought I'd share it with you.



*sniff* I need a minute.... *sniff*


To the relief of millions, performance artist and illusionist David Blaine was locked in a "Phantom Zone" prison and launched into outer space where he will float for eternity, unless he is somehow released by a nuclear explosion.


As an added precaution, his internal organs were fed to monkeys prior to his imprisonment.


More evidence of dolphin intelligence was revealed with the discovery of a people filled "Airquarium" in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.




The Lilliputian champion Ferrari racing team completed a triumphant tour of Europe this week.


Extreme Sports performer Yasser Arguelles set a new vertical leap world record after landing spread eagled on a railing that he'd been skating across.


As a parting gift before going on tour to support his album, Kevin Federline left his once again pregnant wife Britney Spears a life sized replica of his penis and testicles.


A close up shot of actress Sharon Stone's skin reveals one of the many reasons behind the disappointing box office results of Basic Instinct 2.


And finally, in response to repeated questions, actress Eva Longoria showed the audience the exact position she assumed to win her her role on Desperate Housewives.