Monday, July 10, 2006

Secure the Restrooms!

Earlier today, I had a job interview. The interviewer was running late, so I asked the receptionist to direct me to the restroom so that I might conduct one last check to ensure that I looked presentable.

As I entered the men's room, I noticed a man moving hurriedly down the hall in my direction. I assumed that he was either late for a meeting, or that he really, really needed to use the facilities. Much to my surprise, when I emerged from the restroom I found the same man waiting for me in the hallway.

"Excuse me sir, but are you a [company name] employee?" he asked.

"Erm...no, as a matter of fact, I'm not." I replied "It's just that I've heard so much about [company name's] restrooms that when I found myself in the area, I simply had to sneak past security downstairs and check them out for myself...and let me tell you, it was worth it!"

Of course I didn't really say that, but you have no idea how badly I wanted to.