Monday, August 28, 2006

My Not Quite Endless Summer

Having blown my casting call for America's Next Top Model (not female, not attractive) and my audtion for The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll (not female, not attractive, not talented), my lazy summer officially ends at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow with my return to work. Since I'll need to be on my best behavior (or behaviour for my British and Canadian friends) for a few days, I thought I'd post something today on the off chance that anyone still reads this blog.

Sadly, I still have nothing to say other than telling you that we won our second straight softball championship yesterday by taking two out of three games in wet and cold conditions. After the game, I reflected on the fact that there's something a bit sad about a bunch of 30 and 40 year old guys celebrating something that, in the larger scheme of things, means nothing. Still, that didn't stop us from doing it.

So in place of my incessant babbling, here is the Jeffrey Brown directed video of Death Cab for Cutie's "Your Heart is an Empty Room."



Because when it comes right down to it, my main reason for being excited about going back to work is because, as the songs says, "Out on the street are so many possibilities to not be alone"