Monday, October 23, 2006

At the Copa

A few observations from Saturday evening/Sunday morning at Copacabana:

  1. We took a break from the club section downstairs and went up to the main room to watch the band play salsa and merengue. The average age of the people on the dance floor was around 55, and they all danced with grace and style that I'll never be able to match.

  2. Things that seem like a good idea after 2 a.m. are often not that smart when viewed in the harsh light of the follwing day. More to come on that topic at a later date.

  3. After looking around the club and idly wondering why so many stunning women were there with such average guys I quickly realized that everyone else is probably thinking the same thing about me and my date.

  4. I haven't been dancing in a few months, so let me summarize the results for you. You know that old adage that says that if a man can't dance, he's probably not good in bed? It turns out that the reverse is also true.

Okay, I need to get back to battling the flu-like symptoms that I seem to have contracted over the weekend. Anyone who's interested should feel free to come out to NYC to nurse me back to health. If things take a turn for the worse, I'll make sure that you're mentioned in the will.