Friday, October 06, 2006

The Week In Pictures LXIII

Random Friday Thoughts:


Hi and welcome to the Week in Pictures! I see Grant, and HDD, and Doug, and MG, and Pinknest, and Okami, and S* , and Liz, and Ultra, and Roger, and you, and you, and you!

Sorry. Just had 70's flashback to The Magic Garden.

Of course, if you'd like to see Liz (and who wouldn't?), just wander over to Rant N Rail for her latest video and help her decide what to dress up as for Halloween.

I visited the The Morgan Library and Museum for a cocktail reception last night. I had no idea the place even existed, but its one of the coolest places I've been in forever.

I know this isn't a popular opinion, but the more I see of Dane Cook the more he strikes me as a watered down version of Chevy Chase. Feel free to prove me wrong, but I just don't see the appeal.

I've decided to dedicate the next few months to strictly follow the culinary advice and wisdom of Pinknest. By the time I'm done, I expect to gain a good 20 pounds.

Okay, enough of my babbling. Let's move on to the WiP where you'll find...um...more of my babbling.


In an attempt to lift the spirits of disgraced Rep. Mark Foley (R-Florida), President Bush engaged in one last round of "how big is my penis?" with Foley as he left Capital Hill after his resignation. Clearly, Foley lost by a large margin.


Military experts attribute Nigerian militants' recent struggles in jungle warfare to their inability to grasp basic camouflage techniques.


A was awarded $2 million judgment when she submitted photos proving that she was targeted for retaliation after lodging a harassment complaint against her employer.


In other legal news, a woman has filed a medical malpractice suit against her doctor after she underwent surgery to get a head and wound up with several torsos instead.

Ugh....sorry.


Paroled sex offenders will be forced to wear an electronic device on their belt that promises swift and severe punishment should they become aroused.


A pair of children in the northern Indian city of Chandigarh were injured when two of the Olympic Rings inexplicably fell from the sky.

This week's video is "Lips of an Angel" by Hinder, "I Write Sins (Not Tragedies) by Panic! At the Disco because...um...I've had the song in my head all day and not because two people who's opinions matter a great deal to me expressed their dislike for the other song. I will not pander to the masses (as evidenced by my stubborn refusal to make this blog interesting in any way).


However, you have to admit that, lyrics aside, the Hinder song is a catchy little tune.


Spectacularly unfunny comedian Carrot Top has contracted with a top fashion consultant in an effort to move beyond his tired red hair and mascara look.


A severe lock shortage has forced the Israeli military to station soldiers to hold the chains together at all border crossing gates.


Mmmmmm....Salma Hayek.


Dozens of men in Tarragona, Spain clambered over each other in a desperate attempt to get away after a drunken Tara Reid vowed to sleep with the next man she saw.


A man riding a motorized para-glider suffered severe burns on his ass when he inadvertently drifted over the sun.


In fashion news, this year's fashion runway trends indicate that you should expect to see plenty of plaid in BDSM dungeons next spring.


Meanwhile, bubble wraps have replaced pashminas as the must have accessory for the fall.


In sports, New York Yankees captain Derek Jeter went 5 for 5 in Game One of the ALDS after the Yankees promised him oral sex in the dugout after every hit.


The Wicked Witch of the West lost her head when she failed to get open her umbrella quickly enough during a sudden downpour at a St. Louis Cardinals game.


In a related story, Dorothy entered an alcohol rehab program after being photographed downing dozens of beers in the ViP room of the exclusive Yellow Brick Road Club.


I really need to get to Germany before this month is over. It seems like my dream vacation...


Women seeking breast augmentation now have options beyond silicone and saline thanks to the development of Urine-plants.


This news comes on the heels of recent failed attempts to use ice cream cones as an augmentation alternative.


A bear and his hostage and made a daring getaway after police tried to arrest him on an outstanding picnic-basket theft warrant.


And finally, filming began this week on the new children's movie "Curious George Goes for His Prostate Exam."