Monday, November 06, 2006

The Week in Pictures LXVI

Random Friday Thoughts:

Yes, I know it's Monday, but I forgot to post this on Friday. That's what happens when they make me work. I neglect to focus on my priorities.

I apologize in advance for what is, admittedly, one of my weaker efforts. For a number of reasons, I wasn't able to devote as much time as usual to the post and, frankly, it shows.

As for the past weekend, it among the more relaxing and uneventful in recent memory, so there's not much to talk about here.

That said, I did get to spend some more time with my niece Jasmine who, at least in my opinion, is as cute as ever.

Anyway, on to the Week in Pictures:


In an effort to make tourists more comfortable, the Chinese Government installed an air cooling system atop the Great Wall.


A news conference at the NASA headquarters ended abruptly when the head of Alfred McEwen, Principal Investigator of Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter High Resolution Camera, exploded.


A Halloween prank gone awry is being blamed for the outbreak of zombie chickens that plagued the area last Tuesday.


Shares of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. plunged yesterday with the release of surprising new details about the parole conditions of the company's namesake.


Balloon traffic was snarled for hours yesterday as the result of a 10 basket pileup near Route 80.


Ahhh...Shakira


Citizens of Gretzenbach, Switzerland are causing a sensation in the culinary world with their new grilled radioactive goat dish.


Gratuitous picture of Alexa Damian


Despite having trained for his entire life, a three year old lost a split decision in a recent featherweight championship boxing match.


In a stunning display of ego and lack of creative flair, Paris Hilton arrived at the 7th Annual Heidi Klum Halloween Party dressed as a more conservative version of herself.


The Olsen twins also attended the event.


Ricky Martin received an award as the Latin Recording Academy's person of the year. The singer said that he couldn't wait to get home to try it out.