Monday, February 05, 2007

Life Lessons: Babysitting

Work has been absolutely crazed of late. My boss was moved into a new role, and I've been...well...not promoted into her role but asked to take on her responsibilities in addition to my own work. It wouldn't be so hectic were I not still relatively new and still in the midst of learning how things work. That said, it's also pretty fun and challenging and - if things work out - there may be a promotion in it for me in the end.

Anyway, you all know how much I adore my little niece Jasmine (or, as she calls herself of late "A Bootisul Princess"). In a fit of madness, my sister and brother-in-law asked me to watch her for an afternoon so that they could have some time alone before Earl went to Kansas for the week. Here are some shots of Jasmine in the days proceeding:




And here's what my little pumpkin decided to do while she was supposed to be napping on the day I watched her:



If you click on the photos to enlarge them, you'll see that she spent nearly two hours emptying a jar of Vaseline onto everything within reach, including her face and hair.

*sigh*

Fortunately, her parents were able to see the humor and were still laughing as I left them to deal with my still slippery niece (even after a long bath) while I went off to purchase a new comforter for them.

Lesson Learned:
Never leave within reach of a two-year-old anything that's not equiped with a child-proof cap.
Now that's probably obvious to most people, so let me add the following: Especially when she's being watched by her idiot Uncle.