Monday, April 02, 2007

Give My Regards

Sorry for not posting much recently. I’ve been busy with rehearsals for the Broadway version of “Random Thoughts from NYC: The Musical”. Opening night is just a few weeks away, and we’re all very nervous and excited. All, that is, except for our lead actress and actor, both of whom infrormed me last evening that they're leaving the show after the tragic deaths of their respective great, great, great Grandmothers. What are the odds?

Nevertheless, the show must go on (as we say here on the Great White Way) and so we’re plowing ahead without them. I’m certain the script is a winner as everyone I’ve shown it to laughs and shakes their head while reading it. Unfortunately, the roles are also challenging, which probably accounts for how many people refused to even audition. While I admire their ability to admit that they can’t handle the material, it’s disappointing to see how many actors refuse to stretch their talents by taking on difficult parts.

I guess I should get back to work. I’m in the final revision of the show-stopping song and I can feel a breakthrough just around the corner.

Which reminds me, do any of you know what rhymes with “The Week in Pictures?"