Monday, May 07, 2007

Celebrity Birthday

According to the Captivate Network - which you'll find installed in elevators across the country as a clever way to keep people from talking between floors - Breckin Meyer turns 33 today.

Can you believe it? It seems like only yesterday that I had no idea who he was and now...wait a minute...

It was only yesterday.

----------------------------------------------------------

On an unrelated note, they were giving away packets of Morning Orange flavored Totally Light 2 Go this morning. Of course, I took one because, let's be honest, who wouldn't take a packet of powdered drink mix from a complete stranger on the streets on Manhattan and ingest it shortly thereafter? Besides, it was 100% of my RDA of vitamin C and zero calories in a convenient straw package designed to pour directly into bottled water.

Upon reaching my desk I quickly tore open the package, dumped it into a bottle of water, shook it up, and gazed in rapt wonder upon it's fluorescent orange color. The first sip was pure bliss... if by pure bliss you mean something akin to watered down Tang with a bitter finish.

On a scale of 1 to 5, I'd give it a .005. In other words, if I had to choose between drinking that concoction and getting scurvy, I'd be spending the next few months picking my teeth up off of the floor.