Thursday, May 17, 2007

Retirement Planning

I woke up this morning, crossed another day off of my calendar, and realized that I only have 9,244 more days to go until retirement.

Yes, just a mere 25.32603 years from now I'll be sitting on a lawn chair in my bathrobe composing angry letters to the editor in my head while I watch the local children running around playing some sort of PlayStation579 game involving holographic aliens invading the neighborhood. I'll smile benignly at them until they step on my lawn, whereupon I'll unleash upon them a vitriolic diatribe about their lack of respect for my personal property.

Yes, I'm looking forward to those days - but mostly this was about finding a way to work the words "vitriolic diatribe" into a post. It's a phrase I don't get to use nearly enough.