Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Kool-Aid

If one more person at my job uses the phrase “drink the Kool-Aid” one more time, I’m going to jump out of the window.

"They go out to Chicago and drink the Kool-Aid and come back all fired up."
"We need to figure out how to get them to drink the Kool-Aid."

"They drank the Kool-Aid on that one."

It's enough to make you want to...well...drink the Kool-Aid.

See? Now they've even got me saying it.

Am I the only one that finds that among the most distasteful sayings of all time, particularly given its origins?

And then there's this: When the hell did Kool-Aid man start wearing pants?!?

I much preferred when he wasn't afraid to walk around with his ice cubes hanging out. Someone should really do something to protest the change, and I think I'm just the guy to do it. From now on, I'm going to take my pants off in solidarity with the old mascot every time I see a Kool-Aid commercial.

I just hope I remember to put them back on before I leave the house.