Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday Musings

Sorry, bad case of writers block today, so the best I can do is allow you to follow-along with a typical day in my life.

8:20 a.m. - Frosted mini-wheats dipped in blueberry yogurt is an amazingly delicious breakfast. Clearly, I'm a breakfast genius. If I don't post for the remainder of the day, it's likely because the folks at Kellogg's are trying to steal me away with a seven-figure salaried position on their R&D team.

9:30 a.m. - My assistant is on vacation this week. How the heck am I supposed to screen my calls now?

10:20 a.m. - My boss just arrived from Chicago for a visit. I'd forgotten he was coming. Fortunately, I was away from my desk in a meeting when he arrived and, as a result, had cleared all incriminating evidence from my computer and office prior to my departure.

10:50 a.m. - Still no calls from Kellogg's. Perhaps Mondays are especially busy in Battle Creek, Michigan.

12:35 p.m. - Lunchtime! Clearly this is the highlight of my day thus far. I can't wait to mix various and sundry foodstuffs to see what new concoctions arise.

1:24 p.m. - Oddly enough, Chinese noodles and tapioca don't go all that well together. I just hope this doesn't mean I'll be pigeon-holed as a "breakfast guy" forever.

1:25 p.m. - If I wanted to make anti-freeze, could I just take away her blanket?

1:54 p.m. - I wonder what an old-age home for super-heroes might look like.

3:41 p.m. - I just fired off an angry letter to the folks at Kellogg's. They shant treat me in this fashion any longer. I refuse to have anything to do with them. Unless, of course, they call me. Then, of course, all will be forgiven.