Monday, July 02, 2007

Harry Back

Only 19 more days until the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" - the final installment of series - arrives!

At last all of the nagging questions will be answered! What will happen in the final showdown with the evil Lord Voldemort. What's the deal with Harry's scar? Is it some sort of psychic connection? Is it a portal? Is it a rune? Is it a horcrux?1

And, most importantly, how much longer can I drag on a post about something that I care nothing about, using only the knowledge that I gained from a newspaper article that I read on the train this morning.

The answer? About two paragraphs longer that I probably should have.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 A horcrux is apparently a vessel in which a dark wizard hides a piece of his soul in a bid for immortality. The downside of this, of course, is that Harry would need to be destroyed before Voldemort could be. The other downside, of course, is that I've wasted some precious brain cells to store this piece of useless information.