Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Restaurant Review: Breakfast At BK

On my way to work this morning, I stopped at the Internet Burger King near Penn Station which, despite what the picture may lead you to believe, is not located in the back of a delivery truck.

Anyway, I ordered a virtual Enormous Omelet Breakfast Sandwich (which would have been 740 cal/46 g fat/3 g fiber/45 g carbs in real life) with a .jpg of coffee. The sandwich looked delicious, but the coffee picture was grainy and seemed a little dated and they didn't even bother finding one with a Burger King logo on the side.

I had intended to sit down and read some news sites as I enjoyed my piping-hot breakfast images, but unfortunately someone next to me logged on to MySpace and it was difficult to concentrate while they and their on-line friends chatted away.

All in all, it wasn't the pleasurable dining experience I'd hoped for and, quite frankly, if I'd been up to the effort I could have had the exact same breakfast at home.