Monday, July 23, 2007

Seven Things

What do prisoners use to call each other? Cell phones!

It's raining cats and dogs here today. In fact, I stepped in a poodle on my way to work today.

Okay, sorry. Had to get those out of my system.

Apparently, I've been tagged by SSC to - in her words - "reveal 7 random things about yourself that we may not know. Hope they are juicy secrets like you were a cheerleader for the San Francisco 49ers...you know, like that!"

Now I'm not sure how she found that cheerleader's outfit in my closet, but I'm sure I can come up with a reasonable explanation. While I work on that, why don't you go ahead and either read my seven or skip to a more interesting blog via the links on the right.


  1. As much as I'd like to be a professional baseball player, that ship seems to have sailed. However, I do want to teach at the college level at some point.


  2. I briefly studied to become a priest. It's true. Stop laughing. Not doing so is one of the best decisions I've ever made.


  3. I use humor to keep people at a distance. Shocking, I know. Which reminds me, two rabbits and a giraffe walk into a bar... See? I wasn't lying.


  4. I often check out mentally when I'm giving people HR advice. When they ask me to repeat something I've just said, I can almost never remember what it was.


  5. When I was in first grade, I won an art contest. I was even in the local paper (my parents still have the picture and the article). I can't recall having done anything creative since that time.


  6. I read. A lot. Way too much, in fact. Upwards of two books a week. I like to think that makes me intelligent, but I sense that it's more of a form of escapism.


  7. I graduated college with a GPA of 3.97. The only blemish was an A- that I received in a creative thinking class (see item 5). That just goes to show you a few things. (1) It's remarkably easy to get an 'A' these days and (2) A high GPA isn't necessarily an indicator of intelligence.
And there you have it.

Okay, I'm off to Dallas to attend meetings for the next two days. Try to behave while I'm gone. I don't want to come back to find my blog destroyed.