Thursday, July 26, 2007

Four Things I Learned in Dallas

  1. It's very flat. And brown-ish. And it sprawls out over miles.


  2. It's one of the few cities in which it can be over 95 degrees with 90% humidity, and yet people walk around saying how lucky we are that its not really all that hot. Perhaps they just mean in comparison to the surface of the sun.


  3. They really do things bigger in Texas. NYC might have pipe explosions that send hot vapor and asbestos-laden debris hundreds of feet into the air, but Dallas has exploding gas canisters that send debris raining down on nearby highways and buildings.


  4. I've seen some pretty scary things in New York over the years, but nothing compares to the hoards of Mary Kay representatives that had overrun the city for their annual meeting. To call them aggressive would be an understatement. In fact, I quickly got in the habit of checking to make sure that all of my limbs were intact whenever I passed through a pack of them.

Anyway, lots of work to catch up on, but I can't help but in thinking about the things I've written about Stamford, SoBrown, Denver, and Dallas, I can't help but to feel that I might not be getting the most out of the cities I visit.