Friday, August 17, 2007

The Week in Pictures LXXVI

Random Friday Thoughts:

Wow, it's been a while since I posted one of these. Clearly I'm out of practice.

This is the first weekend since early April that I haven't had to wake up early on Sunday for softball. It's going to feel like I've gained an extra day off.

I drank a glass of Airborne (created by a second grade teacher) earlier today, and I'm still troubled by the flourescent orange residue that remained stuck to the inside of the cup. Now I'm afraid that I'm going to glow in the dark this evening.

Anyway, let's move on to the WiP:


President Bush held a press conference in which he used both hands to count the number of good decisions he's made since he was elected.


Seal launched his long-rumored comeback by playing played a benefit concert in San Diego.

(Yes, I know that's a sea lion, but I have to work with what I have)


A team of maintenance workers will act as Big Ben's hands for the next thirty days as punishment for damaging the clock during restoration work.


A young man was tossed from an audition for the role of young Thomas Jefferson. "He didn't care about his craft at all. It was all about the money." said the producer "You could almost see the dollar signs in his eyes."


Under a recently passed law, all Turkish citizens are now required to have their head measured at least once a year.


Hollywood gossips are in heaven after Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie engaged in a fight at a beach in Malibu.


Apparently fearful of any additional adverse publicity, Britney Spears was spotted fleeing from the scene.


The first medals were passed out at the annual Stork Olympic games in Argentina.


A local beach-goer was briefly hospitalized after complaining of a splitting headache.


Proponents of safe sex believe they have hit upon a new method for virtually risk-free sex.


A woman miraculously escaped unharmed when a batch of giant marshmallows fell from a fifth story rooftop and struck her head.


And finally, after an intensive manhunt by his elves a dazed and confused Santa Claus was found wandering the streets of Copenhagen in his bathrobe.