Friday, January 18, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside

After reading a post written by one of my newly discovered favorite bloggers about the importance of taking time for oneself1, I hastily made some (very, very) tentative plans to enjoy myself during the long weekend by going skiing2 with an old friend. As I was checking the weather and powder conditions at the mountain, and I noticed that Saturday's forecast calls for it be 18 degrees and breezy.

Breezy?!?

I don't really think you should use that word when the temperature is below, say, 50 degrees

I believe the phrase they were looking for is "18 degrees and painful."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
1 Yes, I realize that the point of the post was to take time to be alone. However, for a variety of reasons I've been too focused on others happiness lately, often at the expense of my own. As a result, I've often been left watching everyone else have fun while I sat home.

2 In the interest of full disclosure I'll admit that I'm a horrible skier. I've only gone a handful of times and inevitably it ends in tears.3

3 Of pain on my part and laughter on everyone else's.