Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Give My Regards to Bra Way

Over lunch yesterday a group of women at my table began discussing an article in the paper about a woman who is suing Victoria's Secret over an idea for a bra design that she claims was stolen from her. One of the women, who is a broker in our Retail division, began talking about a store on 5th Avenue that claims that nearly 80% of women that visit their store are wearing the wrong sized bra.

This lead to a discussion (that I listened to with increasing interest) about how great it would be if someone opened a store in which women could get custom bras made. They bounced and dismissed around a few ideas about what to name the store before finally remembering that I was sitting there. Trying to be inclusive, our General Counsel, Wanda, turned to me and said "Joe, you're a smart guy. What would you call it?"

To which I replied "I don't know. Maybe something like Build-A-Pair?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you unfamiliar with the area, the location they were discussion wasn't too far from a store called Build-A-Bear.