Wednesday, April 30, 2008

In My Defense, I'm an Idiot

I was asked to conduct a presentation for one of our diversity networking groups during their annual conference in Washington D.C. last Friday. Figuring that nobody wants to hear me speak for 90 minutes straight, I called a friend and co-worker from our D.C. office to see if she'd have any interest in participating in the presentation.

Unfortunately, while the purpose of the call was clear to me, I apparently forgot that she's unable to read my mind. As a result the conversation went as follows:

Me: "What are you doing on Friday?"

Co-Worker: "Not much, why?"

Me: "Want to meet me over at the Marriott?"

**crickets chirping***

Me: "Erm....hold on. That didn't come out quite right. I meant to say that I'm conducting a presentation at the Marriott on Friday and I could use your help."

So now all I have to do is sit back and wait for the harassment charges to come rolling in...