Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Overheard at Breakfast

A few conversations overheard this moring in the converted conference room executive cafeteria.

Man: "Look at that, Mercedes is making buses for New York City now"
Woman: "Really? Mercedes buses? What's next, are they going to start making Benzes too?"
Man: "..."

Man 1: "What's with all of the matzohs today? I want to make toast."
Man 2: "Expense controls. We're cutting back on leavened bread."

Which reminds me of something I overheard at a Starlight Starbright event that I volunteered at last year. We were setting up when one of the group leaders got a page.

"The Naked Juice people are here," said the person on the other end. He got a panicked look on his face and said "I'd better check this out."

"A few minutes later he came back, looking embarrassed and relieved.

"I thought they said Naked Jews," he explained. "I was worried that it was some kind of protest group."