Thursday, May 01, 2008

Reading is (Literally) Fundamental

I'm in the middle of reading four books, none of which seem to be holding my interest, so I thought I'd reach out to you to get some advice. I have to fly to Chicago on Sunday for four days of meetings and I'm looking for something to read on the plane.

What are you reading right now and are you enjoying it? What else can you recommend?

Erm...obviously I don't mean "right now" in the literal sense otherwise the answers would likely be "this blog", "not very much" and "anything but this blog."

On a completely unrelated note, can we put a moratorium on the word "literally" until people learn how to use it? Over the past few days I've (literally) heard the following three examples:

"They will literally be on a plane for the entire season."
...which should make it impossible for them to win any games.

"I've literally been asked that question a million times today."

"I literally drowned on the way to work today."

At least the last one gave me the opportunity to end the conversation by screaming "It's a ghost!" and running away. Anyway, if you wouldn't mind pummelling anyone who uses "literally" incorrectly, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!