Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer-No-Time

Hi. Just popped up for a quick breath and thought to myself "Why use these precious few moments to run to the restroom when I can spend them blogging?"

It's summertime and that would usually mean that work slows down, but apparently that's not the case here. Instead my days have been filled with urgent calls and meetings as we try to complete a project with ever changing targets and vague guidelines. It's just one of the many, many things that makes it so fun to run a department.

That said, where there are problems there are also opportunities- and this is an excellent opportunity for any of you to volunteer to come to NYC to help me out. Your no-expenses-paid trip will include an exciting elevator ride to the 17th floor, a view of the building across the street, all the ambiguity you can handle, and quality time watching write blog posts while you do all of my work.

I'm pretty sure that SSC will be the first to raise her hand. After all, she's worked at this company and she'll want to provide all of the support and comfort she can for me during this difficult time. In fact, I'd be shocked if she weren't already on a plane, winging her way out here.

The down side is that there's no way I'll be able to concentrate on work if she does.

This is also a wonderful time for Becky and Giggle to get their respective fetuses some valuable work experience that will look terrific on their resumes when they...erm...are born.

And finally, I'm not sure if it's too late but if you can make it up here, Grant, I have some co-workers I'd like you to infect.

That is all. Move along people. There's nothing to see here.