Thursday, August 28, 2008

Random Thursday Thoughts

I'm heading out on vacation tomorrow to spend some much needed time with the lovely SSC and the boys. I'll be back on September 9 - unless I decide to post something while I'm away. In which case, I'll still be back on September 9, but will have posted something while I was away.

Just a few quick thoughts before I leave:

Based on the nightly noise levels in my neighborhood, there appear to be roughly 6.8 billion crickets living within 1/4 mile of my house. The noise is so omnipresent that you don't notice it after a while. Then when it stops for a minute and starts again all you can think is "Damn, that's loud!" Then I think "I could use a beer." and I drink until the cricket sounds fade away.

One of my rivals in the Bloggers Den fantasy football league (in which the immensely talented blogger - and moderately talented fantasy football player - Nikki acts as a commissioner) came up with one of the funniest team names of the year: Barracko Bombers.

The other day I was listening to a debate between two of our employees about who serves better coffee, Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts. Both people were pretty passionate about their respective side of the argument, which lead me to think three things: (1) Isn't this really a debate as to whether they'd rather enrich the shareholders of a Seattle based company or a Boston based company by overpaying for coffee that they can get for free at work? (2)Clearly they don't have enough work to do; and (3) Perhaps they should switch to decaf.

My birthday is just around the corner, so I'll expect to come back from vacation to see a pile of gifts on my desk from my dedicated reader(s).

Meanwhile, I'm leaving Grant in charge during my absence. Don't even think about trying to tempt him with J-bunnies. He's far too smart for that.