Monday, August 25, 2008

VPness


Hold on...I don't think title came out the way I meant it.

Have you ever had one of those days in which everything you touch turns out wrong? Where no matter how hard you try to make things right, the hole just gets deeper? One of those days where you finally give up and say "Okay, you win" only to have everyone just keep piling on?

Well, that's pretty much how today has gone.

Then I received a call from my boss, who is one of our Vice Presidents. He told that as part of a department restructuring, I will no longer report to him but will instead report directly to the Vice President of Human Resources for the Americas. While I'll continue to provide HR support to the Tri-State Region, I'll have the added responsibility of supporting our U.S. Brokerage, national Marketing and Communications and national Transaction Management divisions.

He also let me know that I'm being promoted from Director to Vice President.

Erm...of my department, of course, not the country.

It doesn't quite make up for how the rest of the day has gone, but it's still pretty damn nice.

At some point in the next week or two, I'll take my team out them to thank them for their hard work, commitment, and dedication - without which this never would have happened. Meanwhile, drinks are on me, everyone.1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1Simply go out tonight to celebrate and post your receipts on your blog - then email me a link to your blog along with a properly completed expense reimbursement request. It couldn't be easier!2

2Please be aware that all expense reimbursement requests that fail to utilize the proper format will be denied and may not be resubmitted. For details on proper formatting, please refer to the Internet. It's all right there...somewhere.