Tuesday, December 09, 2008

One to Grow On

Despite the proliferation of technology, I still use (and am regularly mocked for using) my trusty Franklin Covey paper planner. Among other things, it allows me to look back and see exactly how long I've procrastinated the completion of certain tasks. Also, if I draw little cartoons of a little man on the right hand corner of every page and flip the pages really fast, it looks like he's running.

Anyway, every day there is a little inspirational quote on the top of the page that, I suppose, is designed to give us food for thought. Yesterday's was as follows:

"Success means we go to sleep at night knowing that our talents and abilities were used in a way that served others." - Marianne Williamson

Unfortunately, I didn't read that until this morning and so it's now completely outdated.

Yet another missed opportunity for growth...