Thursday, January 29, 2009

Raining Money

The economy is tanking, every day there are more layoffs announced, and yet my inbox is flooded with people offering me money.

So for the next few days, I'll be sharing with you some of the emails that I've received of late along with my responses.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
From: Mr Leonand
Subject: Greetings!

I have deposited the Draft of $800,000.00 with FedEx Courier Service, What you have to do now is to contact the FedEx Courier Service as soon as possible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Leonand,

Thank you so much for your email. Good news is tough to find in these difficult economic times, and this was certainly a welcome surprise.

As you suggested, I contacted FedEx. However, they do not appear to have any record of a package being held for me. Can you perhaps provide a tracking number?

I must admit that while I'm flattered by your generosity towards me - a complete stranger - I'm a little confused that FedEx seems to have dropped the ball on this one. It's particularly troubling because they never seem to have any problem finding me when they're delivering work documents.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you and would love to take you out for a drink with some of the money you're giving me for absolultely no reason. Let me know when you're in town next and perhaps we can make arrangements.

I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Your Friend,

Joe