Thursday, January 22, 2009

Random Thursday Thoughts

Item One:
We're only a few weeks into 2009, but in my new role as a modern day Nostradamus, I thought I'd pass along to you, my faithful reader, the 2010 Mercedes GLK website so that you can order yourself one a full year before anyone else even sees it.

Item Two:
Conspiracy theorists were dealt a blow when President Obama retook the oath of office yesterday. I'm not sure how broad this was, but I heard 3-4 separate conversations yesterday in which people claimed that Chief Justice Roberts intentionally erred in giving oath in an effort to avoid legitimizing Obama's Presidency.

Item Three:
Circuit City is liquidating it's inventory as it prepares to shut down it's remaining stores. Some industry analysts point to a failed business model that saw the company attempt to save money by firing its experienced and knowledgeable sales force in favor of hiring lower-paid sales staff - which resulted in a significant drop-off in customer service. Personally, I believe it was driven by customer disappointment that the anthropomorphic electronic equipment advertised did not actually exist.

Item Four:
Apparently that flying car thing I posted last week was just a pre-election smokescreen for the
real thing which will retail for a mere $194,000. See? I promise the future was upon us and so it is.

Item Five:
Apparently the number of couch potatoes playing Wii has lead to a new bout of physical ailments called Wii knee.

Wii knee. Heh, heh, heh.