Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Fed-Excellent!

Still more in my continuing correspondence with people looking to make me rich. This one is a response to this email.
------------------------------------------------------------
Goodday,

In respect to the package will received from Mr. Leonard Jefferson, I have been awaiting for you to contact me for the delivery of your cheque of $800,000,00 US Dollars. You can as well come down to this branch to pick up your package or even send someone to pick it up on your behalf. More so, the phone number works perfectly and I will advise you cross the number again as it is below this mail.

There is this Mr.Leonard Jefferson who came to our company last week to place your cheque on out going delivery, he already paid for the insurance fees and the delivery charges. But he did not pay for the security keeping fees due to the fact that we did not know when you will be contacting us via mail to inform us that we have your cheque, so we advised him not to pay for the security keeping fees of the courier company so far but we informed him to contact you on time so you will not have to pay more than $350.00 US Dollars on demurrage and we do not operate COD on a charge like this.

All you need to do right now to get your cheque delivered to your door step is to go ahead and pay the security keeping fee of the courier company so far.The fee is $350.00 US Dollars only, you are to come up with this fee as to process the delivery of your package.

Payment should be made via western union money transfer only for security purpose, payment details are listed below.

NAME: Mr. Benedict Osadolor
ADDRESS: #12 airport road Benin city Edo state Nigieria

You have to send down the MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) and your complete postal address. Reconfirm your full name, address, country and most important your phone number.

Get back to me with your payment details, I will have to send Mr.Leonard Jefferson a mail that you have contacted me regarding the cheque he left for you. Note that your tracking number would be provided to you as soon as the payment has been made and confirmed by us.

Have a wonderful time. Please call me anytime you need any assistance.

Yours,

Mr. Daniel j Cole
Dispatch Director.
Tel: (+234)7034414665
Email:nigfedex@live.com
Email: fedexdeliveryltd@hotmail.com

P.S:Below is the display image of your package on my desk ready for instant dispatchment.

----------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Cole,

I have been waiting for some time to hear back from you and I was thrilled to receive your email this morning. I have to say that it was awfully generous of Mr. Leonard Jefferson to pay the insurance fees and delivery charges in addition to giving me the money.

I have to admit that for a few moments, I thought this might be a scam. At first I wondered why you couldn't provide the tracking number to me before I wire the money for the security fees. I mean, you have the package and it's not like I'd be able to use the tracking number to do anything other than read that the package is still sitting on your (very neat!) desk. Second, why wouldn't Mr. Leonard Jefferson simply ask me for my address when he emailed me to tell me that you were holding my package? (So to speak - ha, ha)

Two things helped me overcome my doubt, though. The first was your use of the word demurrage - which I'll admit that I had to look up). Clearly you're too well educated to have to resort to grifting. The second - and most convincing - was that you sent me a picture of the actual package!

Sadly, I'm a little short on funds at the moment. I went on a shopping spree in anticipation of receiving this money which, as you can imagine, cleaned out my bank account. The lesson learned, I suppose, is that one should always hold back $350.00US Dollars for a rainy day.

Not to worry, though. I'm going to send an email to Mr. Leonard Jefferson asking him to wire me the money so that I can then turn around and wire it to you. I'm sure he'll do it since he above all others should know that I'm good for the money! As an alternative, I'll simply ask him to stop by your office to pay the $350.00 US Dollars and to issue a me new check in the amount of $799,650,00 US Dollars.

I look forward to receiving my check!

Your Friend,

Joe

P.S. which, by the way, seems awfully bulky to be holding a check. Are you sure it doesn't contain $800,000,00 US dollars in cash?

P.P.S. - You seem to have accidentally written the amount as $800,000,00 US dollars - probably as a result of being nervous at having that amount of money sitting at your desk. I've carried that error through in my response as a way of being polite, but I thought I should let you know that it should be written as $800,000 US in the event that Mr. Leonard Jefferson drops off a large check for someone else.